[m-dev.] Solver types in Mercury - meeting notes and comments

Ralph Becket rafe at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Feb 13 00:02:26 AEDT 2004

As it's late, I'll just make a quick reply and (try to) address your
other questions in the morning.

Fergus Henderson, Thursday, 12 February 2004:
> On 12-Feb-2004, Ralph Becket <rafe at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
>
> > :- pred init_cfloat(cfloat::out(any)) is det.
> > :- pragma promise_pure(init_cfloat/1).
> >
> > init_cfloat(cf(Id)) :-
> > 	impure <<construct a new, initialised constrained integer,
> > 		give it an float identifier, and assign it to Id>>.
>
> Did you mean to say
>
>  	impure <<construct a new, initialised constrained float,
>  		give it an int identifier, and assign it to Id>>.
>
> ?
> Wouldn't that be a type error, since the argument of cf/1 has type
> `float', not `int'?  Did you mean to write
>
> 	:- solver type cfloat ---> cf(int `with_inst` ground) where ...
> 	                              ^^^
> ?

Yes and yes - those are the product of an unfortunate global
search-and-replace without sufficient rechecking.  Apologies.

Cheers,
-- Ralph