[m-dev.] error

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Fri Feb 21 19:43:31 AEDT 2003

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 02:53:11PM +1100, Simon Taylor wrote:
> Does anyone have the source for the `error' program used
> to insert compiler error messages into the source file?

If you are using vim then you may want to use the quickfix mode of
vim 6.0.

To use quickfix mode, you need to do the following.

When you are editing a .m file set the following variables
    set makeprg=mmake\ ERR_REDIRECT=

I guess you don't need to set errorformat because I don't appear to have
it set in .vimrc

Then while editing a .m file issue the
    :make
command.

Then any errors will be opened in the quickfix-window.
This allows you to select the error and it will jump you to the correct
line in the file, even after you have edited the file.  Very nice!

See
    :help quickfix-window
for how to use this window.