[m-dev.] Suggestion for a new "where" operator

Peter Schachte schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Aug 5 13:32:52 AEST 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 01:15:19PM +1000, Ralph Becket wrote:
> Peter Schachte, Tuesday,  5 August 2003:
> >
> > BTW, just to be clear on this, I'm assuming in in (E where G), E is an
> > expression, not a variable.  So eg, I could write
> >
> > 	Avg = (Sum/Count where sum_count(List, Sum, Count))
>
> Yes, but a variable is also an expression!

Sure.  Read that as "... any expression, not necessarily a
variable...."  I just wanted to make sure I understood what you
intended.

--
Peter Schachte              Algorithms are inherently mathematical things that
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        should be as un-patentable as the value of pi.