[m-dev.] debugging grades and I/O tabling

Mark Brown dougl at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Sep 6 23:20:07 AEST 2002

On 29-Aug-2002, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> What about
>
> 	4.  Keep shallow tracing as it is now, but make the declarative
> 	debugger smarter, so that it doesn't get confused by shallow
> 	traced procedures.
>
> ?

I just posted a diff to mercury-reviews which addresses this.  The lack
of internal events does degrade the performance of the debugger (since
it cannot prune away questions about events that were backtracked over),
but the debugger no longer gets "confused", that is, it no longer prunes
questions that are necessary for a correct diagnosis.

Cheers,
Mark.