[m-dev.] Problem with new operators

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Oct 30 12:19:02 AEDT 2002

On 28-Oct-2002, Ralph Becket <rafe at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> I've been doing `mmake depend; mmake' etc. for an hour now and still
> haven't got it to recognise @<.

I am not as familiar with the parser as Fergus may be, but I would have thought
that adding a new operator in the library isn't sufficient if you want to use
that operator, because the compiler you are compiling with has to have that
operator in its tables. I believe it gets those tables from the source it was
compiled from, not an interface file it read.

If this is true, you need to

1. Commit a change adding the new operator.
2. Wait for that change to be installed on all our systems.
3. *Then* work on code that uses the new operator.

Fergus?

Zoltan.