[m-dev.] tracing code in runtime directory

Mark Brown dougl at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Nov 8 10:59:16 AEDT 2002

On 07-Nov-2002, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On a similar note, why is MR_trace_get_action() in
> runtime/mercury_trace_base.c rather than some C file in the trace
> directory?  It doesn't seem to be used by any code in the runtime.

It is used by browser/io_action.m, which can't call functions in trace/
directly because of the order in which the libraries are linked.  An
alternative is to call MR_trace_get_action via a function pointer that
is initialised at init time; I don't mind doing that if you think it is
worth the complication.

Cheers,
Mark.