[m-dev.] .NET back-end test results

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Fri Nov 8 00:51:02 AEDT 2002

fjh wrote:
> S2
> - test/invalid/* report spurious failures due to the Mmakefile not
catering
>   for --il implying --intermodule-optimization (FAILED.INVALID)

There are three options that I can see here:
    - some how capture the output of --make-optimization-interface (v. hard)
    - disable the tests (time consuming)
    - add a new developer option, --no-automatic-intermodule-optimization.

My vote is for the 3rd option.  We are testing error messages so we don't
need intermodule optimization to be turned on for these test cases.

Any problems with me taking the third approach?