[m-dev.] Most up-to-date version of the foreign language interface

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Mar 11 15:32:37 AEDT 2002

On 10-Mar-2002, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On 09-Mar-2002, Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it> wrote:
> >
> > since I am surveying the foreign language interfaces available
> > in logic programming languages (especially Prolog) I thought
> > it might be the right time to write a Mercury interface
> > for the Parma Polyhedra Library (http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/).
> > I would like to do the job with the most up-to-date version
> > of the C/C++ interface and I don't mind working with alfa or beta
> > releases.  Which version of Mercury would you recommend?
>
> Well, if you really want to use the most up-to-date version of
> the C/C++ interface, I would recommend using the latest "unstable"
> release-of-the-day which is available on our download site.

If you wish, I have a patch that adds direct support for C++
(it goes via C as you might normally do by hand, but the C->C++ bridge code
is generated automatically).  This is nearly ready for general use, but
I haven't yet posted the patch for review.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.