[m-dev.] pragma loop_check and nondet

David Overton dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Dec 2 17:18:19 AEDT 2002

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 05:07:01PM +1100, Zoltan Somogyi wrote:
> On 02-Dec-2002, David Overton <dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > The reference manual says that `pragma loop_check' does not work with
> > nondet and multi code.  Can anyone tell me if this is still the case?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Is it likely to be fixed any time soon?
>
> No.
>
> Why do you ask?

I just came across a situation where it would be useful.  I'm trying to
debug one of the HAL benchmarks which seems to be getting into an
infinite loop.  It contains many quite complicated, mutually
recursive, nondet predicates so I thought `pragma loopcheck' might be
helpful, if it was working, for working out what is causing the infinite
loop.

David
--
David Overton                  Uni of Melbourne     +61 3 8344 9159
dmo at cs.mu.oz.au                Monash Uni (Clayton) +61 3 9905 5779