[m-dev.] Multi_map: alist interface strange.

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Aug 20 06:16:50 AEST 2002

On 20-Aug-2002, Mark Brown <dougl at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On 17-Aug-2002, Douglas Michael Auclair <dauclair at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > This problem ties in with the bug for multi_map__from_corresponding_lists/3
> > I wrote to this list earlier.
>
> The documentation in the multi_map module isn't very clear, but I am pretty
> sure that the current behaviour isn't what was intended.  I'll post a fix for
> this one, unless anybody objects soon.

By all means, go ahead.  I don't think there was any original intent --
I think the original programmer just didn't consider what should happen
in this case.  I agree that the behaviour which Douglas Auclair expected
is desirable.