[m-dev.] Re: foreign_type

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Apr 16 15:43:00 AEST 2002

On 15-Apr-2002, dong yang <berlinchinese at yahoo.de> wrote:
> sorry full quote,
> if the code is also include the c foreign code for the
> il backend, then i can undertand it better now. now
> again i try to refomulate my question:
> if the freign_type and the backend are both java, the
> implementation shuld be very easy or not?

The implementation should be very easy for the Java backend.

For the .NET backend it is more complicated because we need to handle
value types differently to reference types.
But even the .NET implementation was not *very* complicated.

Java doesn't have value types, so it should not be very difficult.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.