[m-dev.] Mercury removed from Debian 3.0

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Apr 15 18:38:51 AEST 2002

On 15-Apr-2002, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On 11-Apr-2002, Peter Schachte <schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > Just FYI, I just read an announcement that Mercury has been removed
> > from the upcoming Debian 3.0 released.  It also says "These packages
> > will get a brief chance to be reconsidered in the next few days, but
> > don't bet too heavily on them making it."
> >
> > Check out:
> >
> > 	http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2002/debian-devel-announce-200204/msg00004.html
>
> The issue is a missing line in a configuration file.  I've been either
> sick or away for the last month, and haven't been notified that this was
> was happening.
>
> I really don't care very much whether it is included or not, because I
> suspect it will be a complete pain to maintain given the incompatibility
> problems with new versions of gcc.

BTW, the main gcc bug which broke things with gcc 3.0 is fixed in gcc 3.1.
I've tested grade `asm_fast.gc' with gcc 3.1 pre-releases and it works fine.
I think there may still be some problems with grade `asm_fast'.