[m-dev.] Re: [m-rev.] Windows stat() equivalents (was: smart recompilation)

Robert Jeschofnik rejj at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed May 30 21:13:20 AEST 2001

On 30-May-2001, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> All the Win32 routines which return file time stamps
> return structures containing fields of type `FILETIME':
>
>  | FILETIME
>  | The FILETIME structure is a 64-bit value representing the number of 100-nanosecond intervals since January 1, 1601.
>  | typedef struct _FILETIME {
>  |     DWORD dwLowDateTime;
>  |     DWORD dwHighDateTime;
>  | } FILETIME, *PFILETIME;

I wonder which designer had the brilliant idea to use that
representation.. Some brief calculator work leads me to believe that
the first 116,763,120,000,000 values in that range will never be used.
I know -I- certainly don't have a file dated Jan 3, 1652 14:27:03

heh

rob