[m-dev.] Calling hell from heaven

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sat May 19 01:09:35 AEST 2001

On 18-May-2001, Peter Ross <peter.ross at miscrit.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Find attached two files which show how we currently interoperate with a
> class called Person defined in C#.  We then use and extend that class in
> mercury to implement employee.
>
> The full example can be found in the dotnet repository in the
> intgen/tests/property directory.
>
> Note that at the .IL level there is no inheritance going on.
>
> The next thing on the todo list is to produce a class Employee which
> inherits from Person.  This is necessary so that we can start writing MS
> Transaction Server components in Mercury. These components need to
> inherit from some object, I think the MarshallByRef object.

It's probably the ServicedComponent class.  However you also might want
to extend objects for web services too (in order to get access to
cookies and logging and counters and so on that IIS provides).
And there are lots of other uses too.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.