[m-dev.] Re: document Mercury front-end on gcc web page

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Mar 5 05:17:46 AEDT 2001

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> This change adds Mercury to the list at <http://gcc.gnu.org/frontends.html>.
> OK to commit?

Yes, thanks!

                                                               vv
> +<li><a href="http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/mercury/download/gcc-backend.html">
> +Mercury</a>, a declarative logic/functional language.
> +The University of Melbourne Mercury compiler is written in Mercury;
> +originally it compiled via C but now it also has a back-end that generates
                                                         ^^^

(I believe we use "backend" most of the time, as you did in your URL. Once
some native speaking editor for a scientific journal asked me to change a
paper to use the version with the dash, but Richard Kenner convinced me to
omit the dash for the GCC web pages.)

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry" pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/