[m-dev.] deep profiling issues

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Jun 26 13:24:38 AEST 2001

On 26-Jun-2001, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> 	(2) I think the binary distribution doesn't install the deep profiling
> 	    scripts or executables

Right. It is not intended to, yet. It needs to wait on two other things.
First, for the deep profiler's functionality to stabilize, so people who
download releases of the day don't get used to functionality that will change.
Second, I need to find out *how* to find out whether a machine has a web server
installed and enabled, since without a web server, there is no point in
installing the deep profiler. I have not yet found any documentation relevant
to the latter problem.

> 	(3) on hg, using egcs-1.1, building the library in the profdeep
> 	    grade results in a gcc error:

Do you know what part of the file it is complaining about?

How old is egcs-1.1? Can we say that it is not supported for deep profiling?

Zoltan.