[m-dev.] Pb with readline and rotd

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr
Thu Jun 14 22:06:28 AEST 2001

| On 12-Jun-2001, Erwan Jahier <Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr> wrote:
| > I am not sure to which list this message should go, but anyway...
| >
| > I have downloaded the last stable rotd that failed to compile because it was not
| > finding readline library.
|
| You mean the source distribution, I presume.

Yes.

| > I finally managed to turn around that problem by passing --without-readline as
| > an option of configure. Can't that be done automatically?
|
| It is supposed to be done automatically.
|
| Could you start again from the distribution, run configure,
| and then post your configure.log and config.log files?

I didn't managed to reproduce the problem. I suspect it is because there was an
old rotd (4 months ago) available from my path env variable when it occured.
Unfortunately, I have deleted it (more 4 installed mercury compilers do not fit
in my disk quota...) so I can't check that hypothesis. Sorry.

--
R1.