[m-dev.] Re: [mercury-users] Module qualification of common operators (was RE: [m-rev.] Updated posix patch)

David Overton dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jul 16 22:24:57 AEST 2001

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 10:20:44PM +1000, Peter Schachte wrote:
> > I'm starting to think that for very common operators such as
> > map, fold, filter, append etc. readability might improve by
> > omitting module qualifiers.  Some unqualified overloading is
> > already commonplace, ++/2 and elem/1 for instance.
> >
> > How do other people feel about the issue?
>
> I agree.  I find the module prefix often makes the code harder to read.  I
> often find the intended meaning is is more quickly seen without the extra
> text.

I agree too.

--
David Overton      Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering
PhD Student        The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia