[m-dev.] running some timings

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jan 22 11:42:28 AEDT 2001

On 22-Jan-2001, Thomas Charles CONWAY <conway at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to run some timing benchmarks on roy.
> I would like to run them at 5pm this afternoon (monday).
> To get usable numbers, the machine needs to be unloaded,
> so can people please refrain from builds, quake, xmms,
> etc for a few hours from 5pm?
>
> If this is likely to be very inconveneint for you (esp
> Tyson, since you sit at the console), please let me know
> so I can arrange an alternative time.

[this should really go to mercury-local, but since it is here...].

If you really want roy, it can be arranged, but why not use one of the
440 lab machines?  They are much more lightly loaded.

feroz-shah-kotla is Ina's workstation, and she's sick and not coming in
today.  She will probably be able to work from roy today (who can
remember the name of this machine anyway...).  I've made a home
directory on this machine for you if you want to use it.

recreation-ground, kingsmead and edgbaston are some other 440 lab
machines, but they might be used a bit more for builds.  There are 2
more that I can't remember the names of.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.