[m-dev.] Re: The Great Computer Language Shootout

Thomas Conway conway at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Jan 11 09:23:16 AEDT 2001

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 09:04:41PM EST, Ralph Becket wrote:
> >From Robert Jeschofnik on 10/01/2001 05:39:48
> > >
> > > A predicate that I seem to have written too many times is:
> > >
> > > :- pred for(int, int, pred(int, T, T), T, T).
> >
> > I thought this actually had been added. I remember that it was
> > mentioned to be a good idea when I first posted your curses stuff for
> > inclusion in the extras.
>
> I'd vote (a) for having a function rather than a predicate and

Nope. There has to be a pred form so you can use it in a DCG.
That's how I use it almost every time.

Thomas
--
 Thomas Conway              Mercurian )O+
 <conway at cs.mu.oz.au>       Every sword has two edges.