[m-dev.] for review: set__divide

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Jan 5 13:15:02 AEDT 2001

On 04-Jan-2001, Ralph Becket <rbeck at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Overloading names between funcs and preds is a pain.  Personally I'd like
> to ditch all the preds that have func equivalents in the next version of
> the library.

I agree with both of you, but since that will require updating the calls to
the renamed library predicates in the compiler, it will be a separate change.

> Very minor suggestion: `partition' sounds more obvious than `divide' to
> me, if we want a different name to `filter'.

I thought about that, but decided to keep `partition' free for a future
predicate/function that partitions a set into an arbitrary number of
components, not just two.

Zoltan.