[m-dev.] for review: README.DotNet

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Jan 4 02:19:29 AEDT 2001

On 03-Jan-2001, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> +	- A windows system suitable for development with Microsoft .NET
> +	  (Windows 2000 is the most likely).  Microsoft advises not to
> +	  install the SDK onto a production machine.

I think it may be worth mentioning the possibility of running the SDK
inside a VM/Ware virtual environment here.

> +	- The Mercury distribution -- installed as usual.  You make sure
> +	  the installation is run after the .NET SDK is installed (run
> +	  it again if necessary) so that the configuration scripts
> +	  detect the installation path of the SDK.  If `configure' finds
> +	  `ilasm' then this has been successful.
> +
> +	  If you're reading this file from somewhere other than the
> +	  Mercury distribution, try the Mercury homepage at
> +	  	http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/mercury

Add a trailing slash to the URL, and put it inside <>.

> +If you add MC++ code to the Mercury library, the library/Mmakefile
> +will take care of this step when you run `mmake GRADE=ilc'.

I suggest s/the Mercury library/the Mercury standard library/

> +We plan to offer a tool that generates predicate definitions for these
> +these modules in the future.

I suggest rephrasing that as

	We plan to offer a tool that automatically generates a Mercury
	interface for any .NET component in the future.

Otherwise, that looks good.