[m-dev.] for review: higher-order write_graph

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Feb 28 04:26:35 AEDT 2001

On 27-Feb-2001, Peter Ross <peter.ross at miscrit.be> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 03:54:47AM +1100, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> > What happens if someone calls build_dependency_graph
> > with the option to include the imported procedures,
> > and then later some code calls ensure_dependency_graph?
> > Will the later code get the version that includes imported
> > procedures?
> >
> > Unless the code is changed, I think it will, and I think
> > that is likely to cause future problems.
>
> The only predicate which stores the dependency_graph in the module_info
> is ensure_dependency_graph, and it only ever calls build_dependency_graph
> with the bool set to yes.

OK.  That makes sense.  But this invariant (that the dependency_graph
in the module_info is must always be one that was built with the
imported procedures excluded) should be documented in hlds_module.m.