[m-dev.] [reuse] diff: fix gcc problems

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Feb 28 03:25:33 AEDT 2001

On 27-Feb-2001, Peter Ross <Peter.Ross at cs.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:
> runtime/mercury.h:
>     Don't use __builtin_{set,lng}jmp for versions of gcc less the gcc
>     2.8.*.  Note this needs to be tested with a 2.8.*, compiler to see
>     if the version needs to be even higher.

If this change is really needed on the reuse branch, then it is
probably needed on the main and release branches too.

Which version of gcc did you have a problem with?
What was the problem symptom?

It seems to work fine for me using gcc-2.7.2.3 on i586-pc-linux-gnu.

> runtime/mercury_type_info.h:
>     Avoid gcc warning about '/*' contained in comment.

That one is already fixed on the main branch, as it happens
(exactly the same fix, so you shouldn't get any merge conflicts ;-).