[m-dev.] For review: minor changes to int.m

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Feb 6 01:10:16 AEDT 2001

On 05-Feb-2001, Ralph Becket <rbeck at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Estimated hours taken: 0.2
>
> library/int.m:
> 	Added func versions of all preds implementing functions.
> 	Added `pragma obsolete' declarations to all preds that have
> 	equivalent functions, as well as int__is/2.
> 	Changed comments in the interface as appropriate.
>
> NEWS:
> 	Made a note of the above in the section on changes to the
> 	library.

Hmm, 0.2 hours doesn't leave much time for testing... did you test it?
In fact, did you even compile it? ;-)
It looks to me like it won't compile, since it declares predicates
as obsolete, but still calls them, and the library gets compiled
with `--halt-at-warn'.

I'm not convinced that we should add `pragma obsolete' declarations
just yet.  It might be nicer to give people some time to change their
existing code all by themselves before we start issuing compiler
warnings about it.

Also there's lots of code in the compiler itself which would
trigger those warnings.  The fixes for those should be committed
at the same time as the `pragma obsolete' declarations are added.