[m-dev.] Re: [mercury-users] Debugger question

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sat Feb 3 15:17:57 AEDT 2001

On 02-Feb-2001, Ralph Becket <rbeck at microsoft.com> wrote:
> I've got a program I want to debug that takes its input from stdin.
> I can't find a way of running this program under mdb without feeding
> it the input data by hand.
>
> Would it be possible to add (or does there already exist) an option
> say `--input <file>' to mdb that would do the obvious thing?

Probably the easiest way to do this would to get mdb, when it gets this option,
to add something to the environment variable MERCURY_OPTIONS to tell
mercury_wrapper.c and through it the I/O initialization code in the library
to get stdin from the named file.

I'll look into this tonight; should be simple to add.

Zoltan.