[m-dev.] for review:

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Sep 19 12:39:02 AEDT 2000

On 18-Sep-2000, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> What's the "XXX END" comment here for?

That was a marker to myself giving the position of code that I have finished
modifying at the end of a day's work, telling me where to start the next
morning. I deleted it.

> > diff -u -r1.252 code_info.m
> > +code_info__setup_call(GoalInfo, ArgInfos, LiveLocs, Code) -->
> > +	{ partition_args(ArgInfos, InArgInfos, OutArgInfos, _UnusedArgInfos) },
> > +	{ assoc_list__keys(OutArgInfos, OutVars) },
> > +	{ set__list_to_set(OutVars, OutVarSet) },
> > +	code_info__compute_forward_live_var_saves(OutVarSet, ForwardVarLocs),
> > +
> > +	{ goal_info_get_code_model(GoalInfo, CodeModel) },
> > +	( { CodeModel = model_non } ->
> > +			% Save variables protected by the nearest resumption
> > +			% point on the stack. XXX
> > +		code_info__compute_resume_var_stack_locs(ResumeVarLocs),
> > +		{ list__append(ResumeVarLocs, ForwardVarLocs, StackVarLocs) }
> > +	;
> > +		{ StackVarLocs = ForwardVarLocs }
> > +	),
>
> What's the "XXX" comment here for?

I expanded that XXX to say:

	% Save variables protected by the nearest resumption
	% point on the stack. XXX This should be unnecessary;
	% with the current setup, the code that established
	% the resume point should have saved those variables
	% on the stack already. However, later we should
	% arrange things so that this saving of the resume vars
	% on the stack is delayed until the first call after
	% the setup of the resume point.

Zoltan.