[m-dev.] track down a memory leak

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Sep 13 19:34:07 AEDT 2000

On 12-Sep-2000, Peter Ross <peter.ross at miscrit.be> wrote:

> I have the unfortunate problem that the heap only grows running under
> the grade hlc.par.gc under windows, I have finally got a DLL built with
> GC_generate_random_backtrace() available.  However it prints out
> nothing!
>
> Any ideas what to do next?

I was thinking of updating the boehm_gc, however I'd be happy if you did
it.

The basic routine is (I think) import a vendor branch, then do a merge
of the changes with the main branch and commit the merge.

The current GC release is:
gc-5_0alpha3

I think the GC vendor branch is just called "gc".

something like

cvs import -m "Log message..." mercury/boehm_gc gc gc-(version number)

then something like

cvs checkout -jgc:yesterday -jgc mercury/boehm_gc

(it will actually suggest this command line after to import the vendor
branch).

Hmmm... this is something else we need to document.  Fergus, does this
sound right to you?

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.