[m-dev.] for review: program_representation.m

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Sep 1 20:13:09 AEDT 2000

On 01-Sep-2000, Mark Anthony BROWN <dougl at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > +	;	atomic_goal(
> > +			detism_rep,
> > +			string,			% Filename of context.
> > +			int,			% Line number of context.
>
> Why not use a term__context?

Because that would require an extra word per atomic goal for the pointer
to the term__context struct, without actually containing more information.
Since there are lots of atomic goals, this matters, and there is no real
downside, since any changes to the representation of contexts will require
changes in the UI of the declarative debugger anyway.

> > +			list(var_rep),		% The sorted list of the
> > +						% variables
>
> That comment is incomplete.

The missing completion is "bound by the atomic goal".

I adopted your other suggestion verbatim.

Zoltan.