[m-dev.] for review: clipping instmap deltas to the plain nonlocals

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Sep 6 14:08:14 AEDT 2000

On 25-Aug-2000, Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> For review by Fergus, since he suggested the approach.

Sorry for the slow review...

That change looks fine.

The only thing I can suggest is a small clarification in the log message:

> Instead, I now use a different technique to solve the original problem.
> This technique is to consider that the first occurrence of any type(class)info
> variable to be a value giving occurrence even if the variable is not
> referred to by the instmap delta of the goal.

s/is to consider/is to change liveness.m so that it considers/

The nice thing about this change is that only liveness.m need worry
about this issue, so I think that it is worth making this clear in the
log message summary.