[m-dev.] for review: teeny changes to string.m

Michael Day mcda at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Fri Oct 27 22:54:47 AEDT 2000

> No, `ui' modes are not yet fully supported.  The reason it works in
> this case its that the predicate is implemented using the C
> interface, but you won't be able to use it much.

Given that it does work in this case and that it's useful (gives me the
length of a string without trashing its uniqueness) is it worth applying?

> Actually, have you tested the function version of string__length with
> `ui' mode?  This shouldn't compile with the current compiler.  (I just
> tested it and it doesn't).

Oops, I tested the predicate version and assumed the function version
would work too. How about the part of the diff that changes the output
mode to uo instead of out for the function?

Michael