[m-dev.] For review: small addition to list.m

Ralph Becket rbeck at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 4 03:33:53 AEDT 2000

>From Fergus Henderson on 03/10/2000 17:25:26
> > This sort of thing crops up all the time in my code.
>
> OK, but if it only crops up in your code, then it should probably go
> in "ralphs_lib" rather than in the standard library ;-)

Ah yes, but I have an objectively good coding style that others should be
encouraged to follow :)

> So you still need to find another supported ;-)

My mum agrees with me.

> The counter-argument to that is that the same effect is easily
> achievable using list__det_head/1 and list__det_tail/1, so there's
> no need to add list__det_head_tail/1.

In the same vein, there's no need for func versions of map & foldl
since one can wrap up such things as pred lambdas.  Nah, I don't
buy it.

Also, list__det_head_tail/3 is more efficient.  By a hair.

> Cheers,
>    Fergus "devil's advocate" Henderson ;-)
>
>    (no, that has nothing to do with MS! ;-)

Insidious, aren't we!

Ralph Becket      |      MSR Cambridge      |      rbeck at microsoft.com