[m-dev.] for review: The .NET MSIL backend.

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Oct 12 18:51:04 AEDT 2000

On 11-Oct-2000, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On 22-Sep-2000, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> >
> > The .NET MSIL (Microsoft Intermediate Language) backend.
> > diff -N ilds.m
> > +	% The relative virtual address of something (e.g. a static data
> > +	% structure)
> > +:- type addressrva == int.
>
> Relative to what?
> (I suppose this is another MS documentation issue...)

I guess we will never know, because it has been removed from the spec
along with the only instruction that used it (ldptr).

> > +:- type number == int.
>
> What's that for?

SSA node numbers, I'll rename, mode and comment it.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.