[m-dev.] for review: polymorphic ground insts

David Overton dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Oct 9 11:47:32 AEDT 2000

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 08:17:43PM +1100, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> On 29-Sep-2000, David Overton <dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > Options are:
> > 	1.  Commit this change, change the library to make use of it,
> > 	and live with the extra compilation time every time we
> > 	bootstrap the library.
> >
> > 	2.  Commit this change, but don't make use of it in the
> > 	library.
> >
> > 	3.  Wait for the rewrite of the mode system which will
> > 	hopefully handle these sorts of things more efficiently.
> >
> > What do people think about this?
>
> We discussed this at the Mercury meeting today and agreed on option 2.
> (Of course you should wait until the change has been reviewed before
> committing it...)

Hi,

I'm still waiting for someone to review this.  Any volunteers?

David
--
David Overton      Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering
PhD Student        The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia