[m-dev.] mdev: how to inspect datastructures?

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr
Fri Nov 24 00:06:04 AEDT 2000

| Hi,
|
| Just a question, is there a way to inspect datastructures in
| a more intelligent way then really checking all the substructures
| using ls and cd within the browser? Probably work is
| already planned in that direction, but in the meantime it would
| already be handy to be able to flush the data to a file, and
| then inspect it with external tools of whatever kind (prolog would
| come handy)?
| So in fact, what would be great within the browser would be
| 	ls > mdev.output
| With parameters set high enough, mdev.output could then contain
| the whole dump of whatever variable I was browsing in...
|
| Or is this already possible?

This is possible within Morphine of course.

[morphine 9]: run(queens).
Start debugging queens program.
  1: 1 [1] call main(state('<<c_pointer>>'), -) []
[morphine 10]: fget(name = qperm).
  5:   4 [3] call qperm([1, 2, 3, 4, 5], -) []
[morphine 11]: current(arg = Arg), Arg = [HV1, _], length(HV1, L1).

Arg = [[1, 2, 3, 4, 5], -]
HV1 = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
L1 = 5     More? (;)

--