[m-dev.] --no-lazy-code LLDS back-end failure

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sun Nov 12 13:20:06 AEDT 2000

On 11-Nov-2000, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> Actually there are also quite a few tests which are failing on ender.

One of these is that the new LLDS code generator aborts when compiling
extras/trailed_update/var with `-O3', reporting

	fjh$ mmc -CV -O3 var.m
	% Generating low-level (LLDS) code for predicate
		`var:set_last_delayed_goal_prev__ua0/1' mode 0
	Uncaught exception:
	Software Error: var_locn__var_becomes_dead: premature deletion
	Stack dump not available in this grade.

The final HLDS for that predicate looks fine to me, and the old
(`--lazy-code') LLDS code generator and the MLDS back-end both handle
this fine, so I think this is a bug in the new LLDS code generator
Zoltan, could you please investigate this one?