[m-dev.] compare for existential types failing

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Nov 8 15:19:23 AEDT 2000

On 08-Nov-2000, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> The following test cases are failing on hg, in debug grades:
>
> tests/hard_coded/typeclasses/existential
> tests/hard_coded/typeclasses/exist_disjunction
> tests/hard_coded/typeclasses/existential_rtti
> tests/hard_coded/typeclasses/existential_type_switch
> tests/hard_coded/typeclasses/record_syntax
> tests/hard_coded/existential_type_switch_opt

And once again I can't find the original report because test_mercury_hg.out
has since been overwritten.

Can you please set up your crontab entries to keep at least the immediately
previous output file intact instead of overwriting it?

> My guess is that the problem is probably due to Zoltan's recent
> changes to comparison predicates, and that the compiler may be
> emitting bad HLDS annotations which cause the code generator to abort.

The annotations look OK; it looks like my changes just exposed a previously
existing bug. I'll track it down.

Zoltan.