[m-dev.] for review: Add "moose" to extras.

Thomas Charles CONWAY conway at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon May 22 10:02:41 AEST 2000

Tyson Dowd, you write:

> > BTW, what category of grammars does Moose handle?
> > Is it LR(0), LR(1), LR(k), ...?
>
> Err... best ask Tom.  I'm pretty sure it just does LALR.

LALR. Straight from the dragon book.

> >   { <Action> } denotes a grammar action.  Here <Action> is an arbitrary
> >   Mercury goal.  Grammar actions can impose semantic conditions,
> >   or can be used to compute attributes.
>
> Everything above here is fine.

"impose semantic conditions" makes it sound like if the goal fails, the
parse should fail. The goal must be det. Perhaps in the long run we
should use exceptions some how.

Thanks for the improvements, Tyson and Fergus.

Thomas
Oh, btw, GPL is fine by me.
--
 Thomas Conway )O+     Every sword has two edges.
     Mercurian            <conway at cs.mu.oz.au>