[m-dev.] For review: new extras package - curses binding

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jan 31 14:52:31 AEDT 2000

On 31-Jan-2000, Warwick Harvey <wharvey at cs.monash.edu.au> wrote:
> Robert Jeschofnik wrote:
> > On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> > > This could be significantly simplified now;
> > > see the "Libraries" chapter of the Mercury User's Guide.
> >
> > I do not see how - this is not the Mmakefile for building the library,
> > that is for the sample that *uses* the library.
>
> I think Fergus was referring to the "Supporting multiple grades and
> architectures" section.

I was.

However, I think the current structure of that documentation is not ideal.
Robert Jeschofnik was looking for information on how to use libraries;
he could hardly be blamed for looking in the "Using libraries".
But the newer, simpler way of using libraries is only documented
in the "Supporting multiple grades and architectures" section.
The sections on "Install libraries" and "Using libraries"
really ought to be modified to mention the new features
or at very least to give a pointer to the section which
does describe them.