[m-dev.] io streams

David Overton dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Jan 4 15:23:18 AEDT 2000

On Tue, 04 Jan, 2000 at 02:03:54PM EST, David Glen JEFFERY wrote:
> Then, in each instance declaration where you want to use the default, you
> can just say:
>
> :- instance stream__input(mytype) where [
> 	pred(read_char/3) is mytype_read_char,
> 	pred(read_chars/3) is default_read_chars
> ].
>
> This is perhaps a minor inconvenience, but also arguably a good way of doing
> things.

Yep, ok.  I'll agree with that.  Actually I've used this technique
before, when I was doing some work on a type class based tcl/tk binding,
and found it was quite a good way to do it.

David
--
David Overton       Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering
PhD Student         The University of Melbourne, Australia