[m-dev.] for review: update c_coding_guidelines.html

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Feb 9 18:45:25 AEDT 2000

> > Yes, I know. However, that does not justify misleading examples.
>
> But our coding guidelines only require `MR_' or `ML_' prefixes for
> symbols that are exported.  If the `DirectoryEntry' type above is
> defined in a `.c' file rather than a header file, then no prefix
> is needed.  So the example is quite valid.

It is valid, but also misleading; there is nothing in the example
that says "this type is okay because the type is local". Using an
MR_ prefix would make the example apply to global as well as local types,
since an MR_ prefix on local types does not hurt, but its absence
on global types does.

Zoltan.