[m-dev.] for review: revised code_info.m diff

David Overton dmo at ender.cs.mu.oz.au
Thu Feb 10 12:27:45 AEDT 2000

On Thu, 10 Feb, 2000 at 12:13:39PM EST, Robert Ernst Johann JESCHOFNIK wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Thomas Conway wrote:
>
> > +code_info__get_globals(CI^globals, CI, CI).
> [etc]
>
> Are these even needed? I thought the point of the record syntax was to
> remove the need for manual get and set preds..

Yes, but these predicates already exist and are used extensively
throughout the compiler.  Changing every call to one of these
predicates to use the record syntax would be a lot of work for very
little benefit.  The change that Tom has made is sufficient to allow
fields to be added/removed from the code_info much more easily in the future.

David
--
David Overton       Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering
PhD Student         The University of Melbourne, Australia