[m-dev.] profiling

Robert_William HUTTON rwh at ecr.mu.oz.au
Tue Feb 8 12:28:46 AEDT 2000

When compiling with the compiler in
/home/mercury/public/mercury-latest/alpha-dec-osf3.2/bin I get the
following linking error.  Is there something I'm forgetting to do?
If there is, then perhaps the section on profiling in the User Guide
should be amended to include it.

murlibobo /home/mercury1/rwh/ws1/mercury/samples 161> mmc -p cat.m
/bin/ld:
Unresolved:
MR_address_of_trace_interrupt_handler
MR_grade_v2_asm_fast_gc_prof_tags2
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Mercury Linker:
        Note: the symbol `MR_grade_v2_asm_fast_gc_prof_tags2' was
mentioned.
        Any link errors are most likely due to linking together object
        files compiled with different compilation model options.
        Try doing `mmake clean' and then rebuilding.
Error: system command returned non-zero exit status.
Error: link failed.

--
Robert Hutton <rwh at ecr.mu.oz.au>     | War doesn't demonstrate who's
WWW: <http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~rwh>  | right... just who's left.