[m-dev.] Stray symbols in Mercury libraries

Warwick Harvey wharvey at cs.monash.edu.au
Mon Feb 7 12:08:08 AEDT 2000

Hi folks,

I've been working on cleaning up the namespace pollution caused by the
CLP(R) library.  In order to catch more exported symbols needing renaming
than I might have otherwise, I thought I'd actually look at the symbols
appearing in the final `.a' file.  While I was at it, I thought I'd do the
same for the Mercury libraries.  I found the following 90 exported symbols
(in the `asm_fast.gc' grade) which weren't prefixed by one of the standard
`MR_', `ML_', `_entry_', `mercury_', etc. prefixes.

Anyway, I figured I'd work on a patch to add appropriate prefixes to these
symbols, but before I started thought I'd check to see if anybody could see
any particular reason why any of them shouldn't be renamed, or might warrant
special treatment (i.e. anything other than rename, recompile, see what
breaks), or shouldn't be done at this time.

Warwick

addlist
addndlist
address_of_init_gc