[m-dev.] ./2

Michael Day mcda at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Fri Aug 11 19:49:50 AEST 2000

> DCG expansion does exactly the right thing and inserts variables in all
> the right places, and presto! you can use DCGs with complex parsing states
> not just lists. (Credit for this technique to Andrew Bromage, not me - I
> just think it's useful.)

What does a list get transformed to when it's in a DCG context? I've seen
a few examples and just don't understand it.

On an unrelated topic, is the focus of moose creating parsers that are not
easy to express in Mercury, or creating parsers that are more efficient
than the equivalent code in Mercury, or something else entirely?

Michael