[m-dev.] Re: purity changes

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Apr 24 17:08:21 AEST 2000

On 23-Apr-2000, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Your purity changes broke things; some of the test cases failed.
> Check /home/mercury/public/test_mercury/logs.

I've fixed the missing .exp files, however one problem remains.

extras/trailed_update/var.m

failed to compile:

var.m:942: In call to impure predicate `var:debug_pred/3':
var.m:942:   purity error: call must be preceded by `impure' indicator.
var.m:969: In call to impure predicate `var:debug_pred2/4':
var.m:969:   purity error: call must be preceded by `impure' indicator.

The problem is:

                freeze(X, debug_pred2(Msg, Pred), Y),

This is not allowed by the current purity system since debug_pred2 is
impure.

I'm not sure how you want to handle this.

--
The quantum sort:
	while (!sorted) { do_nothing(); }