[m-dev.] Hash-consing

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Apr 7 15:17:44 AEST 2000

On 07-Apr-2000, Thomas Conway <conway at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> There was talk some time ago about implementing hash consing.
> I don't recall seeing it ever arrive, and a brief check of the
> documentation and the source doesn't reveal its presence to me.

It is not implemented yet, but I have a workspace with about half the work
done (much of by Pete). At the moment, it is on hold, because (a) for full
effectiveness, it requires an optimization, dead goal elimination, that is
useful in its own right, and (b) because I have another pending change that
affects the same modules and thus would cause conflicts.

Zoltan.