[m-dev.] Contribution: Pretty Printing Library

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Apr 13 02:49:04 AEST 2000

On 12-Apr-2000, Ralph Becket <rbeck at microsoft.com> wrote:
> I've reattached pprint.m and example.m in case people want to
> have a look at recent changes before I check it in (is the
> procedure for adding to the standard library written down
> anywhere?)

On the Mercury home page, follow the link to "information"
and then "information for developers".  The two relevent
documents there are "Reviews" and "Mercury coding guidelines".
There's also some stuff on using remove CVS in
w3/information/developers/remote_cvs.html.

The relevant bits are as follows.  From "Mercury coding guidelines":

 | Any major new features should be documented in the
 | NEWS file, as should even small changes to the library interface

 | In addition to testing before a change is committed, you need to make
 | sure that the code will not get broken in the future by adding tests
 | to the test suite. Every time you add a new feature, you should add
 | some test cases for that new feature to the test suite. Every time you
 | fix a bug, you should add a regression test to the test suite.

>From "Reviews:"

 | 4. Write log message for this change - use template (see below).
 | 5. Review diff and log message yourself. (see below)
 | 6. Send to mercury-developers at cs.mu.oz.au

We've reviewed the code, but we haven't reviewed the log message yet.

BTW, when sending code to mercury-developers, it's easier for
most of us if you send it as plain text rather than sending files
uuencoded.