[m-dev.] Contribution: Pretty Printing Library

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Apr 13 16:52:10 AEST 2000

On 12-Apr-2000, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> The LGPL imposes requirements that are sometimes burdensome.
> We would like to retain the ability to release the Mercury
> library with a less restrictive license.
>
> For that reason, it would be nicer for us if you could
> release this module under a BSD-style license, or make it
> public domain.

Note that the LGPL is probably the *least* burdensome of the
"problematic" licenses.  LGPL always allows the option of splitting off
this file into a library, and linking the rest of the code (with any
other license) using this as purely a library.

Technically this is a pain to do, but legally I think it's OK.
So I would say we can incoporate it now if you like.

But Fergus might have his own opinion on this -- I barely even *read*
gnu.misc.discuss anymore ;-)

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.