[m-dev.] Transitivity of import_module

Ralph Becket rbeck at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 28 01:24:05 AEST 1999

One thing that frequently bugs me is that if I import library A that uses
stuff from libraries X, Y, Z in its interface, I also have to import X, Y, Z
if I want to use those aspects of A.

Example: io__format//2 - uses list__list and string__poly_type.  I for one
would be happy to have list and string automatically imported for me.  That
is, if I import module A which imports X, Y, Z in its interface, then it is
as if I have also imported X, Y, Z at that point.

Minor niggle, but one that annoys me every time it crops up.

Ralph